Saturday, November 26, 2011

snapshots

This one features a random collection of photos from my last couple months. I haven't been updating, but I'm hoping the pictures will give you a good idea of what I've been up to.  I went on a few trips to schools and outer islands with work, my friend Kris came to visit, we celebrated Diwali, spent some time in David's village, started teaching organic gardening at a vocational school and have done a bit of art.

This time of year gets really really really x 100 slow.  The heat is in full blast and the rains have been coming daily.  Last year I went a bit crazy because I was so board, but this year I have a pretty good plant to tackle the hundreds of hours I'll have to simply hang out.

If anyone is interested in food politics, here's a fun website http://civileats.com/

I am doing very well and continuing to become the woman I want to be.  I miss home so much right now though, especially with all my friends and family in the bay for the holidays.  I hope you all are doing great and are staying warm.  Know that I think of you all often, miss and love you all dearly.

hospital garden!






colorful kids


the christmas season is here, blow up santas, palm leaves and 100 degree heat

traveling with Ministry of Health Co-workers









we drink the green coconut







my butt is in great shape from all the traveling on dirt roads

it was at least 90 degrees and these boys were practicing rugby during the middle of the day

and they were so happy!




a traditional bure, a fellow volunteers home


vocational school garden week 1


vocational school garden now


awesome students and good friends turning the compost

kris came to visit!!!
mendi
i need to learn how to wrap my own sari


diwali
this picture was in the paper until the headline "cultures come together to celebrate diwali"


in the village we eat with the light from a lantern
tabua and david

i love this girl. 

wearing my glasses


made with tumeric powder




much love,
monica

1 comment:

  1. great pics! i like your paintings! and your sari is a really pretty color. can't wait to start planning my visit!!!

    ReplyDelete